This week I am love love loving
1. Essie's Mint Candy Apple. Essie produce some of my favourite shades and I love their clean and sleek displays in Boots which allow the focus to remain on the colours and quality rather than trying to over do the branding. They produce unique shades which I feel many other brands often try, and fail,to do justice. Mint Candy Apple is one of them. As is expected of an Essie shade it goes on smoothly, dries quickly and is practically invincible, I also think it is one of their nicest shades. A perfect pastel mint green, ideal for this spring.
2. Max Factor Clump Defy. Now as some readers may know, I am addicted to Mascara. Although I have naturally thick and dark eyelashes myself there are so many of them that they need a good product to separate and define them. I absolutely will not leave the house without mascara unless I'm on holiday and even then I've been known to wear clear stuff in the pool! This mascara, from one of my fave mascara produces Max Factor, fails to answer a rather neglected lash woe and that is clumping. The unique brush certainly does that whilst not loosing it's lengthening and volumising properties. I also think the packaging is lovely and this is a definite contender for favourite Max Factor Mascara!
3. Gum Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner. I have been a big fan of GUM hair products since my mother, one of those middle class women who shop in the pound shop that the DM are always banging on about, discovered it in Home Bargains about 2 years ago. They were quick to jump on the Moroccan oil hype an this conditioner does not disappoint. Like most GUM products it smells divine, I've found some Moroccan oils to smell a bit strange, but importantly it also does the job. I washed my incredibly battered hair with this for the first time on Tuesday and I spent the rest of the day banging on about how silky soft my hair was. I always thought 'silky' was a bold claim made by conditioners but that is exactly what my hair felt lie! It also detangled it effectively and seems to have calmed the breakage my hair is prone to. I may be in love with a hair product...
4. DKNY Delicious Night Perfume. I recently did a post on my Fragrance Top Five but didn't feature this one as it had been given to me at Christmas and I was yet to use it. Well now I want to kick myself for waiting so long! It's exactly the kind of scent I adore, managing to be sweet and musky at the same time with a slightly fruity edge. The bottle also has the unique shape of the DKNY delicious range with an edgier dark twist and it adds a nice decorative touch to my desk. A little of this goes a long way and really does smelling amazing.
5. Witch Anti Blemish Primer. I honestly don't know what else to say about this primer other than if you have oily or combination skin then GO BUY IT. I debated buying it for an age, surely as an oily girl a primer wasn't for me? Primers added glow and they couldn't possibly even my troubled skin tone. How wrong I was, the benefit of this primer is in its protective factor, it creates a barrier between the skin and your make up products to help prevent spots and blemishes. It also smooths the complexion and aids the healing of active spots at the same time. I've only been using this for a week and already the number of whiteheads I suffer from (which most be make up-induced because I have a great cleansing routine) have started to fade and my make up last a hell of a lot longer, with less shine too. Like I said, just go buy it now!
So there you have it, my first Friday Five and a round up of my favourite recently discovered products or those I've been having a love affair with this week. Do you use any of these products and love them? Or are you not a fan? What are you loving lately?