They even made their regular brouchure look like a Valentines day card which put a smile on my face and struck me as really thoughtful.
As far as I wasconcerned it would have taken a miracle for Glossybox to top their January detox box which, for a facial skincare addict like me, was an absolute godsend and introduced me to 3 products I now adore (The Jason's Lip Balm,Elemis Exfoliator and the Premae Balance Rescue Tonique). I must admit this box has made a very good effort and whilst their were no skincare goodies in my February box there was still a LOT to be excited about.
This months goodies included:
1. Rituals Magic Touch Ultra Whipped Body cream: This smells absolutely amazing, floral, fresh and clean but not unlike a fabric conditioner. I don't personally see this as a bad thing at all, I think the smell would be the perfect rejuvination after your morning shower, but it may bother some of you. The product is whipped meaning it comes out nice and thick (I find some body lotions and creams too runny and uncontrollable), it rubs in easily and left my very dry elbows, cheers winter central heating, touchably soft.
2. MEMEME Beat the Blues Highlighter in Oyster Gold: I've been meaning to invest in a highlighter recently but found myself a little overwhelmed with the various ones available so it's probably pretty lucky that I'm now obliged to try this one. I was impressed with this because of it's decent size and I also love love love the colour of it. It's easy to apply and give a lovely subtle glow to my brow and cheek bones as well as being useful in contouring my cheekbones. As a shiny skinned girl I don't like too much glow but this was perfect for giving me a healthy, sun kissed look.
3. Miners Lipstick in Cinnamon: I'm not massive lipstick wearer so I wasn't overly excited about this product and when I looked at the dark pink colour I was struck my how similar it was to my natural lip tone. Thanks to inheriting my mothers snow-white complexion with dark lips, very few lipsticks show up well on my lips. However I was pleasantly surprised when I tired this on. It smells wonderful, literally good enough to eat and has a very shiny, almost metallic finish which made up for the fact that it was , as expected, very close to my natural lip colour. This would make a nice subtle alternative to my dark plum Barry M lipstick and when it smells so nice it's worth putting on just for that.
4. Figs and Rouge 100% Organic Lip and body Balm: Yes, another lip product for me. After falling in love with the lip balm I got in my last Glossybox this one was facing some stiff competition but the adorable vintage packaging certainly won it some points. This was also rescued by the fact it's also a body balm, meaning I can use it to tend areas of dryness on areas other than my lips. It has slightly gritty texture which did make it feel odd on the lips but once rubbed in it felt soft and smooth and my lips got a major hydration boost. I think I'll be popping this one in my handbag just because the packaging is so cute I want others to see it!
5. Mica Bella Eyeshadow in Deep Secrets 53: Last and unfortunately least is this eyesshadow. It's no reflection on the products itself it's just that I own enough brown eyeshadow to open a brown eye shadow shop and didn't really need any more. However that being said this is a great shadow with good pigment and it's made from an all natural mineral so there's no need to worry about putting yucky stuff near your eyes!
So that's my Feb Glossybox review and I have to say my decision to return to glossybox is one i'm definitely not regretting atm. Getting the boxes really makes my day and I've discovered some great products already. What do you guys think? Do you subscribe to any other beauty boxes you think I should be checking out? Did you love your Feb box or were you disappointed. Let me know! All I can say now is bring on march!