This, thankfully, allows me some time to get back into blogging THANK GOD. This blog has become a little passion project of mine and I've been going stir crazy with the lack of quality posts I've made. But now I'm back and hopefully the quality and quantity of posts is set to improve.
Today's post is on one of my key beauty products, not one that improves the way you look but one that improves your smell. Perfume, of course. I'm very much a person who responds to smells, most of my memories are associated with some kind of scent and if a friend wears a perfume regularly I instantly associate it with them. Jean Paul Gaultier Male, for example, has become known as 'Tom stuff' as it's my boyfriends scent of choice and it reminds me so much of him. The scent of Cacharel's Anais Anais takes me right back to my childhood watching my mother get ready and even Lynx Africa will forever remind me of an early love letter my 14 year old self received that was doused in the stuff (cringe!).
I can't leave the house without a spritz of scent and I even put some on for a video interview the other day-go figure?! I usually have a few scents on rotation but those above are my all time favourites!
1. Chloe EDP I was given this perfume for my 16th birthday when, fresh out my emo phase, I dove straight into a vintage obsession. This rose toned perfume with hints of lychee is delightfully powdery and somehow manages to smell like your gran would have done in the 50's whilst still being youthful and fresh. The tiniest little spritz goes a very very long way and it last all day. In addition to that the bottle is absolutely adorable and even though I haven't used this perfume in a long time I still have mine gracing my dresser!
2. Viktor and Rolf, Flowerbomb. Now one of my pals,I believe it's Hollyhas a serious dislike for this scent but I adore it. One of my friends wore it in college and it's honestly the most perfect smell. A little sweeter than some other scents I use but so unique that it's one not to miss! The box and bottle are also gorgeous and this perfume has a couture look that's to be expected from this Amsterdam based powerhouse.
3. Amor Amor, CacharelThis was one of the first 'grown up' perfumes I ever bought and I was definitely mimicking my mother's choice of anais anais. This is more of a 'youthful' perfume than some of the others wear and is so fruity and fresh it's the ideal summer fragrance. With notes of Lily of the Valley and Mandarin it's also got a slightly muskier tone that some of the others but is still so fruity and fresh it's the perfect boost on a summer morning! I adore this scent!
4. Jean Paul Gaultier My first encounter with this scent came in the form of it's very cheap rip off catsuit, the scent of many a 13 year old chav at my high school. It took my years to dissociate this smell with Key Stage 3. However, aged 18 I was given this just before going to uni and it honestly is one of my favourite perfumes ever. I currently don't wear it as the boyfriend wears the male version and that's just a little too cutesy for me. The famous bottle and bold scent make it the perfect night out perfume and this really does last forever.
5. Paco Rabanne Black XS A scent with a slightly bolder undertone now, this perfume strikes me as almost choclatey with hints of berries. The best way to describe this perfume is that it smells exactly how the bottle looks! Slightly ridiculous I know but this scent is very much , what my mother would call 'rock chick' and for once, she'd be right.
So that's my collection of some of my favourite scents! Do any of you wear any of these? Do you like these smells, or even hate them? What are your favourite perfumes? Do you go for high end brands or are you more likely to grab whatever body spray is on offer in boots? Let me know! As always, I love hearing from you guys :)
p.s I've had a lot of new followers lately so hello to you and thank you! I'd love to check out all your blogs so if you want me to then just leave a comment below.